The Inauguration of President Donald J. Trump

“We will make America great again. God Bless America”

Kyle Frizol, Intern

In his inauguration speech on Friday, January 20, the 45th President of United States, Donald J. Trump directly addressed the country of his plans and commitment for the future of America. On the National Mall, with the now first lady, and Supreme Court Justice John Roberts, President Trump was sworn into office. This also marked the final moment for Obama as President. As Mr. Obama and his family bid their final goodbyes, President Trump was set to give his speech to the nation.

Giving his due gratitude to Chief Roberts and other past presidents that were in attendance, and to the people of America, Trump immediately began addressing his main points to the country and to the world.

We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and to restore its promise for all of our people.” Trump said.

This national effort, according to Trump, will be achieved immediately by, “…transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the American People”.

As did his goals during the election publically outline, President Trump’s primary outlook for the next four fours is to bring jobs back to the American people, and to change the way the country focuses its resources and efforts, noting the corruption of politicians in D.C. and the long overdue transition of power from the few to the many,” later adding, “for too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost.” As a result, “… the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered — but the jobs left, and the factories closed.”

Trump noted the issues at hand that would immediately take center stage in the focal point of his election. “Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves. These are the just and reasonable demands of a righteous public.”

Continuing on the platform of American prosperity, Trump addressed the issue of American job security. “For many decades, we’ve enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry; subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military; we’ve defended other nation’s borders while refusing to defend our own; and spent trillions of dollars overseas while America’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.”

According to Trump, the jobs that once went to Americans are now sent overseas. Losing on the rewards of American craftsmanship, “We’ve made other countries rich while the wealth, strength, and confidence of our country has disappeared over the horizon.”

As seen throughout the election, Trump continued to press the increasing gravity of catering to other countries rather than refocusing efforts at home. As jobs move out of the country, Trump noted, “the wealth of our middle class has been ripped from their homes and then redistributed across the entire world.”

Halfway through his speech, Trump broadened his presidency’s vision to the United States’ borders, wealth, and to the dreams of the American people. “America will start winning again, winning like never before,” Trump reassured.

With the focus now on the American people’s welfare, Trump said, “We will get our people off of welfare and back to work — rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor.”

In order to rebuild the country and to increase the quality of life for all of its citizens, Trump followed a simple, yet ambitious code, that is, “We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American.

Trump went on to reassure the American people of the moral and ethical direction of the presidency. “We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example for everyone to follow,” adding, “we will reinforce old alliances and form new ones — and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.”

With these goals in mind, Trump spoke of the means at which the revival of Patriotism would occur. “At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other,” he continued, “When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice. The Bible tells us, ‘How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.’”

Once Americans find a way to discuss their disagreements and successfully find solidarity, Trump reassured, “When America is united, America is totally unstoppable.”

It was then that Trump’s speech took a more personal solemn turn. His attention turned to his pursuance of electing just officials.

We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action — constantly complaining but never doing anything about it,” he added, “The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.

By opening a new page into the country’s future, President Trump continued to reassure the American people of the prosperity of the country. “We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the Earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow.

Finally reaching the conclusion to his inaugural speech, President Trump, alongside thousands in attendance and millions worldwide listening to every word, left the country with a message to reflect upon.

So to all Americans, in every city near and far, small and large, from mountain to mountain, and from ocean to ocean, hear these words: You will never be ignored again. Your voice, your hopes, and your dreams will define our American destiny. And your courage and goodness and love will forever guide us along the way. Together, We will make America strong again. We will make wealthy again. We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And yes, together, we will make America great again. Thank you. God bless you. And God bless America.”