Vin Diesel back for hit franchise xXx Return of Xander Cage

Diesel’s latest action movie features an impressively diverse cast

Return of Zander Cage cast discussing questions asked by the audience about the film

Anthony Karambelas

Remember those xXx Xander Cage movies back in the 2000’s? Well, the franchise is back again for yet another thrilling action movie, xXx: Return of Xander Cage (RXC).

This time, Xander Cage comes out of exile to combat alpha warrior Xiang in a race to retrieve a powerful weapon referred to as Pandora’s Box. With the aid of a brand-new and daring task force, Xander embarks on an adventure the likes of which have never before been seen on screen.

Starring in the title role, Vin Diesel stuns audience members with never-before-seen stunts that will leave viewers on the edge of their seats. On top of this, all stunts are performed within the bounds of physics.

Though RXC may seem like your typical spy movie, the creators of xXx designed it differently from the classic breed of secret agent often overplayed in cinemas.

“The shaping of ‘xXx’ at its time, was that the heroes were white males who have a military background and they weren’t necessarily representative of the global audience. All of a sudden along came Xander Cage, who was anti-establishment and looked nothing like James Bond or Jason Bourne. He really was something wholly new and fresh,” said Diesel.

Filmmakers’ attempt to properly portray the world shows through RXC’s globally encompassing cast.

The film features a diverse ray of actors, including Indian actress Deepika Padukone, Bulgarian actress Nina Dobrev, Australian actress Ruby Rose, Hong Kong actor Donnie Yen and Chinese actor Kris Wu.

With such an extraordinary breadth of international talent, RXC is a film predicated on inclusivity.

To enhance the film’s theme of diversity, the cast even traveled to the Dominican Republic for a segment. Both Diesel and executive producer Scott Hemming agreed that the on-location shoot provided a unique feel that was simply unattainable on a soundstage.

Diesel has had a long history with the Dominican Republic. In the summer of 2005, he created the One Race Global Film Foundation to teach underserved kids how to become filmmakers. Many of the program’s graduates were employed in the RXC project.

Seeing that worldwide involvement was prevalent in the making of the RXC film, it was only a matter of time before it became the forefront of discussion.

At a recent press conference in Beverly Hills, one attendee asked Diesel how it was like working with Asian actors. In response, Diesel said, “I never think of people’s nationality too much. I always look at people the same. It’s impossible for me to separate groups of people. I don’t know why. Maybe because I was raised in New York City, which is this melting pot. Everybody was always the same and the whole point of my film existence was to say that we’re just one race. And the essence of this movie is global harmony.”

The cast and crew hope that audience members will enjoy being immersed in the exciting world of extreme sports, tattoos and secret agents.

Diesel put it perfectly when he said, “More than anything I want the audience to escape and to just have fun. That’s what this film is all about but I also hope it inspires people to be their true selves and not be afraid to be wacky or unique.”