Strike Out!

Golden Eagle DJ’s bring a whole new perspective to “bowl out”

Justin Lyons setting the bowling ball in motion

J. Aaron Delgado

J. Aaron Delgado

J. Aaron Delgado, Photo Editor

Students celebrated a night of Spirit Week at the 17th Annual Cal State LA Bowl Out on Wednesday, Feb. 8. Students were able to start the night out by striking out the pins from bowling lanes with their crews and continue the fun by partying the night away while Golden Eagle DJ’s were spinning great tunes. The music and the crowds of students are what brought the night to life, but the night also needed some great planning ahead in order to bring the best experience.

“We wanted to have an amazing plan for that night. We carefully selected a very talented line-up,” said Eric Estrada, a Business Administration major. “It’s a great feeling to bring the party to the bowl out. There’s great vibes all around.” Estrada, who goes by the name “DJ Estradation”, has been DJ’ing the bowl out for 3 years and is currently the event coordinator for Golden Eagle Radio. Estrada made sure all aspects of the night were up to entertainment standards- from the speakers, talent, and lighting to set the atmosphere. The night started rocking when DJ JR Tron turned the tables, following DJ E-Thug, DJ Inturn, DJ Vinnie Mack, and ending the night with DJ Estradation and DJ Chicho.

“That night couldn’t have gone any better,” Estradation said. “Every single DJ stuck to the plan and did what the plan was, ‘do your thing’,” which is a common phrase that the DJ’s tell each other.

By the end of the night, the DJ’s had rocked the night so hard with quality sound that they noticed that a couple ceiling tiles had fallen in which DJ Estradation credited the equipment they used that shook the venue up.

Many people from different organizations and clubs attended the bowl out to support Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams for their homecoming game last week. From fraternities and sororities to members from Golden Eagle Radio, it was a great way to spend time with friends, meet new people, and celebrate spirit week with fellow Cal State LA students.