Springing into Break

Ways to spend your break from an avid Spring Breaker

Matterhorn mountain at Disneyland, a popular tourist attraction

J. Aaron Delgado

J. Aaron Delgado

J. Aaron Delgado, Photo Editor

The time has finally arrived. Spring Break, where all of us students can put their studies on pause for a week of rest, unless one or more of your professors assigned lengthy homework, which someone may spend a good amount of their break working on it, and for those who have to work. The cliché portrayal of Spring breaking as seen on the media is usually partying it all away, but what else can this small intercession hold if you’re on a budget or just simply wanting to make the most out of it?

It may seem odd or relieving waking up at the beginning of the week and not getting ready for class, but after having our first Spring term in semester system at Cal State LA, it is a very much needed period to take some time off of school. Taking a literal break all week at home is one of the many desirable things to do, especially if your friends from other schools are not on break at the moment and need to wait for them to start your parties on the weekend. Until then, binge watching a show that you have been wanting to catch up on or have been wanting to get into on Netflix or Hulu is a great opportunity to take advantage of.

It is also a great time for gamers to finally have some quality time to have little to no limitations to play video games, also catch up on that library of titles that was purchased during the semester.

Lastly, catching up on sleep, cleaning your place up, and even spending some time on future assignments for your classes are great ideas for those of us who like to spend our time at home.

For those of us who enjoy taking our adventures outside of home, beach is one of the best places to go during any break. Whether it is watching the sunrise, getting sun kissed midday, or chasing the sunset, any time of day is right for the beach.

Along with being out with nature, taking a trip is definitely a must, even if it is a day trip with friends or family. The time has come to go out to that place or landmark that you have been longing to visit for the longest while or even just taking that scenic route home for those who drive. Even doing exploration in the city you reside in may prove to show signs of adventure.

If you do not happen to drive or simply feel like having someone drive you around, taxi service apps such as Uber and Lyft have made it simple to go out to any destination near your proximity or across the state. While many may be worried about a high price tag, it’s always a good idea to take advantage of uberpool and lyft line, where the price is fixed and at times much cheaper than the usual private ride.

Whether you go to the beach, stay home, or even just do your own thing, Spring Break is all about having fun and making the most out of your time. It is not always about partying day and night, but rather trying to make memories for yourself or others.