Library Changes

Cal State LA

Dear Campus Community,

As part of a three-year collaboration between the Chancellor’s Office and the 23 libraries in the California State University System, the Cal State LA University Library will become part of OneSearch early this summer. OneSearch features an intuitive, mobile-ready single interface that provides a gateway to a wealth of print, electronic and digital collections, and makes it easy to find, explore, cite, save and share books and media from across the CSU Libraries. OneSearch includes CSU+, a new book and media sharing system for the entire CSU.

Through CSU+, Cal State LA students, faculty and staff will have direct access to over 29 million books and media held by all of the CSU Libraries and they will be able to request books and media from any other CSU campus to be delivered to Cal State LA within 2-3 business days. If CSU+ doesn’t have what you’re looking for, you can get it through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) seamlessly.
As we prepare for the move to OneSearch, some library services will be affected or be replaced. Following are some primary changes:

• OneSearch will replace the current Multi-Search and Library Catalog on the Library homepage.
  • OneSearch is currently in beta phase. Not all content and functionality are available yet.
  • Your library account information will be migrated to the Library System on June 20, 2017. All library overdue fines will be forgiven and removed from your library record. However, replacement costs for overdue materials will be migrated to the new library system.
  • New loan periods: all Cal State LA faculty, staff and administrators will have one-year loan period for books, and all registered Cal State LA graduate and undergraduate students will have a one semester loan period for books.
  • Loan periods for materials borrowed via CSU+ are determined by the lending CSU Campus and will either be 30 days or 60 days.
  • Requests for materials from other CSU campuses via CSU+ will begin on July 10, 2017.
  • Requests for materials from non-CSU campuses via OneSearch will be available in August 2017. Books and Articles can continue to be requested through ILLiad.
  • For faculty teaching over the Summer, course reserve material requests made between June 5 and June 20, will be processed after June 21.

Questions and comments:

Sincerely,
Carlos Rodriguez
Dean, University Library