Your Guide to the Best Shows Coming this Fall

Fall TV Shows “Lined-up” for Your Viewing Pleasure

The+Voice+2017+starring+from+left+to+right+Adam+Levine%2C+Miley+Cyrus%2C%0AJennifer+Hudson+Blake+Shelton%2C+

The Voice 2017 starring from left to right Adam Levine, Miley Cyrus,
Jennifer Hudson Blake Shelton,

The Voice 2017 starring from left to right Adam Levine, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson Blake Shelton,

While “Game of Thrones” takes a break after an exciting and twist-filled season finale, there are other shows to be on the lookout for this fall. While fan favorites like “American Horror Story” and “The Walking Dead” will be starting up again soon, new and returning shows have yet to grab viewers’ attention.While “Game of Thrones” takes a break after an exciting and twist-filled season finale, there are other shows to be on the lookout for this fall. While fan favorites like “American Horror Story” and “The Walking Dead” will be starting up again soon, new and returning shows have yet to grab viewers’ attention.

On Tuesday, Sept. 5 (10p.m. on FX), “American Horror Story” will forge ahead as one of the first shows to hit home televisions. The show’s seventh season is rumored to address the 2016 election as a living nightmare.

“It is a true American horror story,” said co-creator Ryan Murphy to the Hollywood Reporter, “The show begins election night, and then the national conversation, and both the euphoria and the fear.”

Later on in the month, “Big Bang Theory” will resume for another round of gut-busting humor, premiering Monday Sept. 25 (8p.m. on CBS). Until now, fans of the show have been kept on their toes as to how Amy will react to Sheldon’s proposal.

Riding in the wake of “Big Bang Theory’s enormous success, a prequel series regarding Sheldon Cooper’s pre-teen years will be premiering on the same day as its older sibling. “Young Sheldon”  literally follows in “Big Bang Theory’s footsteps, showing at 8:30p.m. on CBS.

For those who just can’t get enough of comedic sitcoms, the return of “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” returns on Tuesday, Sept. 26, (9:30p.m. on FOX) and “Fresh Off the Boat” comes back to television on Tuesday Oct. 3, (8:30p.m. on ABC) which is sure to be a token of bliss.

Comedies aside, the dark, dangerous, and devious still pose threats to law enforcement agencies in police procedural dramas like “Law & Order” (Wednesday Sept. 27, 9:00p.m. on NBC) and “Criminal Minds” (Wednesday Sept. 27, 10p.m. on CBS).

And of course, live show favorites like “Dancing With the Stars” Monday Sept. 18, (8:00 p.m. on ABC), “Hell’s Kitchen” Sept. 29, (8 p.m. on FOX), and “The Voice” Sept. 25, (8 p.m. on NBC) will be back for another round of on-air suprises. Fourth year student, Elise Dang, has always been a fan of “The Voice” and could not be more thrilled for the upcoming season.
“I am also excited for the return of ‘The Voice’ because Miley Cyrus is a judge again. Jennifer Hudson will be interesting because I’ve heard she’s kind of a diva in real life,” Dang said “I look forward to the show’s return!”

Comic-book junkies should prepare themselves for an onslaught of superhero science fiction, as Marvel and DC introduce brand new shows and bring back popular series. Expect to see familiar faces in two of The CW’s returning shows: meet with “The Arrow” in Starling City on Thursday Oct. 12 at 9 p.m. or if viewers are up to the challenge they can try to catch DC’s notoriously speedy superhero, “The Flash,” on Tuesday Oct. 10 at 8 p.m..

Risk-takers who lean toward Marvel may enjoy trying three of their new releases. Straight from the comics, the moon-dwelling “The Inhumans” will be making an appearance on Friday Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. on ABC, as well as “The Defenders,” who are busy saving NYC currently streaming on Netflix.  FOX’s new “The Gifted” series is an offshoot of a famous Mutant Registration Act ad printed in several X-Men comic books throughout the 1980’s. The show promises to be fresh and inventive, exploring a never-before-seen parent-child dynamic. Stay tuned for the first episode on Saturday Oct. 2 at 9 p.m.

Lastly, more classic sci-fi fans will find Star Trek: Discovery a nostalgic revival of the original TV series. The first episode will air on Sunday Sept. 24 at 8:30 p.m..