Eats Close to Campus

Great food all within a stone’s throw of campus.

Joseph P. Pinto, Contributor

With the current culinary offers on campus, students tend to want more. Luckily, there are restaurants close to campus that offer tasty meals conscious of a college wallet.

The Aloha Food Factory, a mom and pop restaurant known for their Macadamia Nut Pancakes, is located close to campus in Alhambra. However, The Aloha Food Factory offers more than just flapjacks.  This casual restaurant has a “feels like home atmosphere” where individuals can sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee while waiting for their meal. Aloha Factory also serves lunch and dinner.  Among other plates, Kalua Pig and the Spam Musubi are highly recommended.

Next, Ritter’s Steam Kettle Cooking offers a unique way of preparing food.  They cook entrées in jacketed steam kettles at the guests’ table.  These kettles cook the food evenly and fast without overcooking, a result of the temperature and surface area of the kettles.  Each dish can be customized to the liking of each guest.  The University Times recommends the Shrimp Po Boy with a side of fried pickles.

For Italian lovers, Vittoria’s Pizza Ristorante Italiano is a traditional pizzeria that makes their sauce and dough daily since 1984. This pizzeria has themed pizzas like the “Pesto Pizza” and a “Saporita Pizza”, which are served with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and fresh tomato sauce.  However, they also serve hot and cold sandwiches and pasta dishes . The University Times recommends the Antipasto salad along with the meatball sub.

Lastly, Noodle World is an authentic Asian cuisine restaurant known for their diverse menu covering all over Asia. The menu consists of Pad Thai, Yakisoba, Pad See You, Tom Yum Noodles, Pho and Wonton Noodle Soup.  Also, the portion size and pricing are can’t be beat.  The University Times recommends the Chicken Tom Yum, the Tonkotsu Ramen and the Pad Thai.

Students have many options, many of which are no more than a few miles away and are gentle on a student’s budget.

The Aloha Food Factory 

2990 W. Valley Blvd, Alhambra,

Ritter’s Steam Kettle Cooking is located on

1800 W. Valley Blvd, Alhambra, 91803,

Vittoria’s Pizza 

2622 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra, 91803

Noodle World

700 W Valley Blvd 91803,

About the Writer
Joseph P. Pinto, Multimedia Journalist

Joseph P. Pinto was a journalism major at Cal Sate Los Angeles who graduated in December of 2018 with a Bachelor's Degree. He continues to work for the...