Saturday Night with “Los Lonely Boys”

The Los Lonely boys made a stop in LA and rocked The Luckman Theatre.

Los Lonely Boys performing in the Luckman Fine Arts Complex for their Revelation tour.

Michael Griego

Michael Griego

Michael Griego, Multimedia Journalist

Los Lonely Boys played their only Los Angeles show, on their Revelation tour, at the Luckman Theater on Saturday night. 

Playing in front of a packed house, the band rocked the stage as they performed a variety of songs off their current album, “Revelations”, along with some of their old hits: “Nobody Else”, and “I Never Met A Woman”

Moments before the band took the stage, “We’re just going to put a mixture [of songs] in the [set list], because what it turns out in some of the crowds they want to hear old and some want to hear new,” said JoJo Garza, bassist.

A mostly older crowd along with some youth attended the concert.  From new fans to  those who have been following the group for quite some time.

“I’ve seen them in smaller venues…I’ve been a fan for over 10 years,” said Carlos Robles, a concert goer. 

The concert started off with a nice mellow performance by Lisa Morales, a Spanish-English singer from Texas, as the crowd made its way into the venue. Once the main act took center stage, the audience were in their seats, vibing and singing along to every tune. As the band shared an intimate set filled with energy and guitar solos. 

By the end, a small crowd made its way to the front row to dance, as the band closed out the show with their chart topper, “Heaven”. Henry Garza, guitarist, threw his guitar picks into the crowd. 

If this was your first time seeing or hearing “Los Lonely Boys”,  you would be the one screaming encore at the end. They’re a very talented group of guys from Austin Texas, who sing amazing live and make their instruments cry.

The band is currently touring the U.S. and is on their west coast leg. If you would like to catch them onstage visit their website, loslonelyboys.com,  for upcoming shows or you can catch them in Berkeley, Calif. on April 24.