Your Guide to the perfect LA Summer.

Marshall/Rex Shutterstock/Zuma Press/TNS

Kyle Frizol, Editor-in-Chief

Gone are the days of research papers, group projects and exams; Summer is here, and with it comes endless days soaking the sun. Alongside daydreams of far off places beyond the horizon, Los Angeles comes alive during these warmer months. This is your guide to living, breathing and losing yourself in Los Angeles this Summer.

For those who long to spend hours gazing into the depths of a Rembrandt, the City is home to some of the most elegant and renowned galleries in the world. These include: The Getty, Getty Villa, LACMA, The Broad, Huntington Library, Hammer Museum and the Institute of Contemporary Art. Even better, and music to students’ ears, every museum mentioned is free.

Notably, exhibitions such as Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirror Rooms at The Broad require reservations ahead of time. It’s wise to plan ahead and check each museum’s website before visiting.

Summer isn’t complete without the relaxing vibe of live concerts and music events. This year, there are countless festivals, concerts, events and bars showcasing musical talent from around the world. Most notably (and free), KCRW’s Summer Nights is kicking off Saturday, June 2 with a free concert. Alongside the music, a beer garden and market will be offered every Saturday in June. Locations vary each week; check KCRW’s website for more details.

Returning this year, The Getty’s Off the 405 Summer series features rising bands and exhibitions on Saturdays throughout the Summer. Similarly, Jazz at LACMA will be introducing artists at its live concert series every Friday in June and July. Best of all, they are both free.

Movie buffs, you’re not forgotten. Throughout the Summer, Rooftop Cinema Club and Melrose Rooftop Theatre will be presenting popular current and classic films. At the Rooftop Cinema Club, guests are provided a comfortable chair and blankets, and can listen to the outdoor film through wireless headphones. Notable showings in June include: Black Panther, Pulp Fiction and Baby Driver.

For those looking to party the Summer away, LA is home to some of the largest events in the State. Notably, LAWinefest is entering its 13th year, introducing wines, brews and spirits from around the world to Angelinos. Those interested should buy tickets ahead of time, as they sell out quickly. As usual, entry is restricted to those 21 years of age and older.

Even with the plethora of events listed above, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Three months of warm sun, good friends and relaxing vibes lay ahead. The only thing left to do is to decide what to do next.

For more information and additional events in Los Angeles this Summer, please visit csulauniversitytimes.com

I’ll see you there!