Welcome to the University Times

Various+members+of+the+University+Times+Staff%2C+Editors%2C+and+Interns+of+Spring+semester+2018.+
Various members of the University Times Staff, Editors, and Interns of Spring semester 2018.

J. Aaron Delgado

J. Aaron Delgado

J. Aaron Delgado, Managing Editor

The University Times is the official student organized newspaper service at Cal State LA that is devoted to keeping the student body informed with up-to -date information the moment it occurs. Along with keeping the student body informed, the University Times has also won various awards by the Associated College Press in first place for overall issue and photography as well as other recognitions throughout the 70 years of its operation.

The University Times has achieved these awards and recognitions as a result of its hard working staff that thrives in diversity by offering opportunities for students of all majors. Various positions for internships and staff roles are offered throughout each academic term to provide experience and tools to become a proficient writer, photographer, editor, designer, office assistant and many other skills through weekly assignments.

All internships provide 1 unit toward your degree upon completion of 10 hours per week with University Times assignments.

Contributing Writer
The contributing writer gives students the opportunity to explore various forms of news style writing along with gaining experience in the field of journalism through conducting interviews and use of AP style. Written stories are assigned each week.

Photographer
Those interested in taking photos are encouraged to join the photography team to build skills in photojournalism through visual storytelling and writing cutlines for each photo submission. Photo events are assigned on a weekly basis with at least 12 photo submissions per assignment.

Copy Editor
Have a thing for proofreading? The copy editor position is for you! This position builds skills in proofreading by understanding article structure, AP Style writing, grammar, punctuation, tone and literacy.

Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Calling all artists and graphic designers! Want to draw, illustrate, design and feature your talents? Then this is the internship that would best fit for you. Weekly assignments will help feature your art style or develop skills in graphic design and layout with our Production Manager through various Adobe programs.

Newsroom Assistant
Newsroom Assistant is perfect for those individuals who want to work within an operating office by working with editors, visitors, checking emails, answering phone calls and helping with the day-to-day logistics at the University Times.

About the Contributor
J. Aaron Delgado, Managing Editor
From protests to San Diego Comic Con, J. Aaron has covered a multitude of subjects but has a keen eye for Arts & Entertainment. When he is not covering events he is mainly studying as a Psychology major, photographing different aspects of life, working in film production, or enjoying everything the world has to offer....