Summer Entertainment on a College Budget

Your guide to the summer’s hottest films and shows.

Chris Pratt will reprise his role in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom which is one of the blockbusters opening this Summer.

Universal Pictures

Universal Pictures

Carlos Gomez, Managing Editor

As summer grows near, many individuals are making plans with friends and family for outings and parties. If you’re not the type to go out and prefer to sit down and enjoy something on the big or small screen, here are some movies and tv shows to catch this summer. With AMC $5 Tuesdays returning, students can now catch movies on a budget.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Dinosaurs return to the big screen, along with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, who are fighting to save the dinos from a second wave of extinction. This will be the fifth installment of the Jurassic series since its first movie, Jurassic Park, came out in 1993. While the franchise is over 20 years old, it continues to bring in movie goers young and old.

Christopher Robin
Disney continues its path of live action remakes, this time featuring the lovable bear and his now grown up companion as he struggles to sort out his life. Winnie the Pooh originally debut in 1926, and was acquired by Disney in the 1960’s. Since then, the bear has been recognized by many people, as well as his colorful friends.

American Ninja Warrior
Featuring celebrities like Usher, Ne-Yo, and Logan Paul, American Ninja Warrior returns to the screen on May 30. The show tests the abilities of its contestants with obstacle courses designed to push their mental and physical limits. It’s great show to say, “I could do that” to while munching on some leftover pizza.

Master Chef
The famous Twitter roasting Gordon Ramsey is back at it again with a new season of MasterChef, which will boast its 9th season on May 30. As Ramsey continues to scream and yell at contestants who want to win with their cooking skills, we can sit back and enjoy the show with our semi-burned popcorn.