Letter From The Editor

Letter From The Editor

Kyle M. Frizol, Editor In Chief

Welcome back, Golden Eagles; syllabus week is over and homework and projects are beginning to pile up. We’re now in week two of the Spring semester and there is much to cover. Here at the University, there is no shortage of controversial news, as a recent lawsuit was settled between a former athletic administrator and the University. We have you covered with the details of this lawsuit that left the University $2.75 million lighter.

This week, culture and campus news is a highlight, as the University introduces performances, art exhibitions and a grand-opening for the EveryTable cafe on campus. The Luckman Fine Arts program continued to introduce its calendar of exciting events, notably the World Arts Day that introduced students to east-asian culture and art over the weekend. The Fine Arts Gallery on campus opened its latest exhibition, “The School for Endurance Work.” It is the result of the latest work of its curator, Carole Lung, a Professor of Fashion, Fiber and Materials in the Department of Art at Cal State LA. Notably, EveryTable’s grand-opening celebration kicked off the beginning of a new focus on healthy, low-cost food and diet options for students at the University.

Also in this issue, Men and Women’s basketball continues to push through its season, competing against Cal State Dominguez Hills over the weekend. As the University’s Men’s baseball team gears up for their season opener, the University Times sat and spoke with Head Coach Vince Beringhele in regard to his expectations, goals and plans for the 2019 season.

Notably in this issue, Fyre Festival’s embarrassing failure is addressed in response to Netflix and Hulu’s latest documentaries which take a look into the CEO and founder’s shocking history of fraud and scams. These schemes continued as they led to Fyre’s failure and ultimately the CEO’s prison sentence.

Amid a new schedule to adjust to, students, faculty and staff have the opportunity to get involved and experience each of these events on campus. Read on and enjoy this week’s issue, Golden Eagles.

See you next week!

Best,

Kyle Frizol