Cal State L.A. To Serve As Site For Summer Tournament

Public Affairs

LOS ANGELES – Cal State L.A. will once again be the site for the fourth and final stop on the West Coast for the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Summer Circuit.

The circuit will stop for a three-day tourney at the CSULA Tennis Courts in the Billie Jean King Sports Complex on July 28-30. The ITA Summer Circuit is made up of eight regional circuits that each consist of four consecutive open tournaments during the month of July.

The circuit leads up to the USTA/ITA National Summer Championships in Bloomington, Indiana in August.

Although the primary focus of the circuit is to provide incoming freshmen and collegiate players the chance to compete in the summer months, the events are open and any current ITA member is eligible to compete.

Cal State L.A. head coach Sandy Kriezel will serve as the tournament director.

“We’re thrilled to be hosting the final week of the 2012 Summer Circuit at Cal State L.A.” Kriezel said. “It’s a great event for local college tennis players and it’s a great opportunity for us to showcase our tennis facilities.”

The summer circuit begins on July 7-9 in Laguna Niguel and then continues at the University of La Verne on July 14-16. The circuit will then move to Azusa Pacific on July 21-23 and before concluding at Cal State L.A. on July 28-30.

The ITA Summer Circuit was founded in 1993 and nearly 30,000 men and women have competed in the annual events. All tournaments will use a 10-point match tie-breaker for the third set of singles and doubles will be 8-game pro sets. Additional information specific to each tournament can be found on the ITA’s registration page.

For more registration information, click here or contact Kriezel at (323) 343-3094 or by e-mail at sandy.kriezel@calstatela.edu

GO TO: http://www.csulaathletics.com for more CSULA sports coverage!